Thursday, June 4, 2015

Our soon-to-be famous marmots

Film crew recording marmot behavior

This week, I got to show these two and their big fancy cameras around our valley. They are filming a nature documentary about the mountains in the Western U.S. and asked us to help them find unmarked marmots to record. I'm proud to say that almost all of the marmots in our population are currently marked, so we had to travel a ways up valley to find some pristine individuals, but we did it. 

I sat with them for a day and they got some pretty cool footage- marmots crossing snow plugs, alarm calling, foraging (of course), even an aggressive chase or two... Looks like it should be a nice story and I'm excited to see the final product!

For all my field updates, follow me on instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment